- 28 July 2011 | Bodyboarding
The International Bodyboarding Association (IBA) and the Port Macquarie Bodyboarding Association (PMBA) are preparing a special celebration for the 25th Anniversary of the Port Macquarie Team’s Challenge.
The capital of Australian bodyboarding will host a festival between the period of Easter holidays, which means 14th-21st April 2012.
The PMBA will manage the Teams Challenge as always with its own dedicated three days of competition, from 14th–16th April 2012, to mark the special occasion. The IBA are sourcing funding for a $10,000 prize for the Teams Challenge winner (and free entry for all clubs).
PMBA wants every club in Australia to send a team to compete in this special event. Immediately following the three-day Teams Challenge, there will be a five day mix of international bodyboarding action including:
1. IBA Regions Team Challenge featuring the Top IBA World Tour Bodyboarders in the World representing Australia, USA, South America, Europe, South Africa and Japan.
2. IBA World Tour Drop Knee Event
3. IBA World Tour Women’s Event
4. IBA Grand Slam Trials Event for a special East Coast Grand Slam World Tour Event to be announced). The Grand Slam Trials will also double up as an Australian tour event.
The event is shaping up as a huge celebration of bodyboarding and provides a unique opportunity for the representatives from your local club to mix it up with the best in the world.