- 05 July 2009 | Kiteboarding
In the women’s racing discipline, Fabienne D'Ortoli, Licariao Aguiar and Kari Schibevaag held the top 3 spots after the first four races.
The wind increased through the morning and a quick switch was made to start the double elimination heats for the men's freestyle at 15h00. Michael Schitzhoffer (AUS, JN) and Vincent Tiger (FRA, F-ONE) were looking good in the rounds and setting high standards for the rider’s to pay some serious attention to.
Both riders progressed to the quarter-finals. The wind dropped off late in the afternoon and the competition will have to continue tomorrow.
There is an exciting buzz about the party organized for this evening, to be held at the internationally renowned, Café Del Mar. Lets all look forward to the final day of the KPWT Movistar Kite Pro Tarifa 2009!
Prize giving will be held at 17h00 so please make sure, if you are in the area to come down and cheer for your champions.
Race One - Men:
1. Bruno Sroka (FRA, CABRINHA)
2. Jesse Richman (USA, CABRINHA)
3. Sergio Perera (SPA, F-ONE)
Race One - Women:
1. Fabienne D'Ortoli (FRA, NAISH)
2. Alice Brunnaci (ITA, NORTH)
3. Licariao Aguiar (BRA, TRUZZ)
Race Two - Men:
1. Sean Farley (MEX, NORTH)
2. Bruno Sroka (FRA, CABRINHA)
3. Jess Richman (USA, CABRINHA)
Race Two - Women:
1. Fabienne D'Ortoli(FRA, NAISH)
2. Licariao Brunnaci (ITA, NORTH)
3. Kari Schibevaag (NOR, OZONE)