- 07 December 2010 | Kiteboarding
Australia can deliver showers, wind and sunny skies in one day. Those were the conditions for all kiteboarders of the 2010 PKRA Australia.
With an average wind of 12-15 knots, the rider went for the waves with full commitment. Mitu Monteiro scored high with his morning 9.83 points. He simply performed clean and clear turns with great power, speed and flow.
In the afternoon, the kiteboarders played their fortune into the final rounds. Ian Glaza, Javi Diaz Amores and Keahi De Aboitiz were the best and selected the best waves to show off their moves.
The women also completed the first round. Kari Schibevaag led the score sheets with a total of 7.73 points enabling her as well as Kristin Boese, Michel Blinkhorn and Gisela Pulido a spot in the third round.
Current competition leaders:
1. Ian Glaza (Mormaii, BRA) 11.43 points
2. Keahi De Aboitiz (Cabrinha, AUS) 11.27 points
3. Mitu Monteiro (F-One, CPV) 9.83 points
4. Sky Solbach (North, USA) 9.67 points
5. Abel Lago (RRD, ESP) 8.33 points
6. Luca Hearn (North, AUS) 8.17 points