- 18 March 2011 | Kiteboarding
Youri Zoon and Gisela Pulido have conquered the 2011 PKRA Freestyle Thailand, in Hua Hin. The competition was held with gusty winds and shower. Harsh conditions that only pumped the world's best kiteboarders to show their skills, trick and air moves.
Riders payed respect to Mother Nature and in the single elimination, Zoon and Pulido kicked off their total domination. Powered combo tricks were followed by a short break. The weather conditions kept extremely difficult for kiteboarding.
The Freestyle executions were above average and, in the last heats, Youri Zoon, Marc Jacobs and Alberto Rondina secured the first places in the Thai stage. In the women's division, the competition was truly exciting. In the final heat, Gisela Pulido and Karolina Winkowska battled for gold, but the Spanish kiteboarder took the highest honor.
The first event of the season was a great success. The 2011 PKRA Freestyle World Tour is fired up and is heading to the Dakhla Kiteboarding World Cup, in Morocco.
Double Elimination Results:
1. Youri Zoon (Slingshot, NED)
2. Marc Jacobs (Switch, NZL)
3. Alberto Rondina (Cabrinha, ITA)
4. Alex Pastor (Airush, ESP)
1. Gisela Pulido (Airush, ESP)
2. Karolina Winkowska (Slingshot, POL)
3. Bruna Kajiya (Flexifoil, BRA)
4. Asia Litwin (Nobile, POL)