- 05 April 2011 | Kiteboarding
Show time in the final day of the Freestyle competition at the 2011 PRKA Morocco. Cloudy skies and winds averaging 15 knots were more than enough to conclude the contest in great style.
Gisela Pulido went on to the final heat to face Bruna Kajiya. It was a close heat with a 3/2 judge’s decision in favor of Kajiya.
Kajiya’s power, speed and execution of tricks such as a switch blind judge, air back to blind with a grab and kite loop with a 360 rotation won over Pulido’s kite loop slim chance, switch 313 and front low mobe enabling Kajiya first place in the freestyle double eliminations while Pulido finished in second.
The Men's final was exciting. Andy Yates moved up the ladder to face Youri Zoon. It was a close heat however Zoon was on fire with his double set of trick combo’s such as a back mobe, 313, blind judge 3 and non-inverted slim chance then a front mobe, switch blind judge 3 and non-inverted slim chance, defeating Yates in a 5/0 judges decision due to variety, technical difficulty and better execution of tricks.
A couple of attempts to resume the wave double elimination came to an end shortly after 2:00pm due to the light wind conditions. An award ceremony to announce the event winners was held at the Dakhla-Attitude campsite where the local press, officials, government executives, as well riders and crew attended.
1. Youri Zoon (Slingshot, NED)
2. Andy Yates (Slingshot, AUS)
3. Alex Pastor (Airush, ESP)
4. Alberto Rondina (Cabrinha, ITA)
1. Bruna Kajiya (Flexifoil, BRA)
2. Gisela Pulido (Airush, ESP)
3. Karolina Winkowska (Slingshot, POL)
4. Asia Litwin (Nobile, POL)
1. Keahi De Aboitiz (Cabrinha, AUS)
2. Airton Cozzolino (North, CPV)
3. Abel Lago (RRD, ESP)
1. Kari Schibevaag (Ozone, NOR)
2. Angela Peral (North, ESP)
3. Ainhoa Garcia (Ozone, ESP)