Every surfer dreams of the surf trip of a lifetime. Chasing the undiscovered wave peak, travelling with our best friends, tasting local gastronomy and naming new secrets spots. Surf travelling is always on the surfer's to-do list, but it is not always possible to schedule it properly.
There's a unique adventure in all surf trips. Surfers forget their daily habits and travel through their own imagination. It's very important to plan the wave journey even if you want to free yourself from strict rules and schedules.
Planning the surf trip is the best way to surf more. Fun also requires organization, but it's not much. SurferToday.com selected the most relevant checklist for you to carry before hitting the road for a weekend of surfing. So, what is a surf trip all about?
1. Check tires, oil, gas, water and lights of your car.
2. Wax, leash, surfboard and fins.
3. Boxers, board shorts, beach towel and sun cream.
4. Toothbrush, toothpaste, toilet paper.
5. Glasses and contact lens solution.
6. Credit card and pocket money
7. Passport and visa, if needed.
8. Driver's license, registration and insurance cards
9. Cell phone and charger.
10. Check house keys, turn off gas and water.
Hawaii, California, Australia, Indonesia, Portugal, France, Spain, Mexico, Brazil and Fiji are some of the most thrilling surfing destinations. Set a daily budget, learn more about the local culture and go for it.
Finally, respect the local surfers. Try to be gentle, make friends, share waves and a beer, have fun, exchange contacts and invite them to visit you home country. Surfing is all about joy.