- 11 November 2008 | Surfing
The largest annual girl’s participation day is just over a week away and our surfschools are waiting to hear from you.
The Rip Curl Girls Go Surfing Day is the longest running and largest girl’s surfing day in Australia and the 2008 event is just around the corner and over 60 of Surfing Australia’s Affiliated Surfschools are offering girls of all ages the opportunity to “come surfing”.
Rip Curl will offer a showbag of goodies for every girl that books for this annual “surfing for fun” event and all participants also go into a draw to win “the Ultimate Surf Session” with ASP World Champion Stephanie Gilmore.
Your $40 buys you a surf lesson with one of the participating Surfing Australia Surfschools who will supply boards, wetsuits or rashies; all you need to bring is your swimmers, towel, water and some sunscreen. All lessons are delivered by Surfing Australia Accredited Coaches guaranteeing a safe environment for all participants.
The following key spokes people will also be involved in this years Rip Curl Girls Go Surfing Days –
· Candice Falzon (Ironwoman) will be taking part on Saturday, November 15th at Trigg Beach WA.
· Rebecca Jobson (Past Australia’s Next Top Models contestants) will be taking part at Manly, NSW on Saturday, November 15th
· Kristy Coulcher (Past Australia’s Next Top Models contestants) will be taking part at Manly, NSW on the weekend
· Jemma Gawned (ex Big Brother Housemate and Gemma Cosmetics owner) will be taking part at Torquay, VIC on the weekend.
SOURCE: Surfing Australia