- 02 November 2013 | Windsurfing
Levi Siver has conquered the JP Aloha Classic, in Maui, Hawaii. It's his first ever win on the PWA World Tour.
The variable winds and mast high sets made for tricky conditions, resulting in a few masts and sails being sacrificed to the infamous reef and rocks of Hookipa.
Levi Siver faced Bernd Roediger, who was looking for a record-equaling third victory, at the age of just 17.
However, Roediger will have to wait a little longer before making that a reality after Siver gave a master class in wave selection, and execution, in light winds and tricky waves.
Siver's wave of the heat consisted of a big gouging top turn, straight into a trademark aerial, before adding two more vertical hacks to earn 8.38 points from the judges.
Roediger knew that he needed to go big, but after a monumental effort against Seadi, he couldn't quite replicate the same level of performance, which soon resulted in a clearly delighted Siver being revealed as the JP Aloha Classic Champion.
"I don't know what to say, I'm lost for words and I'm humbled and I'm so thankful to all you guys", says Levi Siver.
"I look out to this crowd and there's a lot of friends who are happy for me and that just makes everything so much better. Thanks everybody. Aloha!"
Results of the 2013 JP Aloha Classic PWA World Cup:
1. Levi Siver (Quatro / Goya Windsurfing / MFC)
2. Bernd Roediger (Quatro / Goya Windsurfing / MFC)
3. Kauli Seadi (JP / Hot Sails Maui / MFC)
4. Morgan Noireaux (JP / Hot Sails Maui / Maui Ultra Fins)
5. Marcilio ‘Brawzinho' Browne (Goya Windsurfing / MFC)
6. Josh Angulo (Angulo / Gun Sails)
7. Alex Mussolini (Tabou / Gaastra)
8. Robby Swift (JP / NeilPryde / Mystic / Maui Ultra Fins)
9. Kevin Pritchard (Starboard / Ezzy / MFC)
9. Graham Ezzy (Quatro / Ezzy)