I bodyboard because...
- 20 July 2017 | Bodyboarding
Why do you love bodyboarding? Are there any special reasons why one should start riding the boogie board? Read our favorite personal motivations and create your own statement.
Bodyboarding was invented by Tom Morey in 1971. Since then, the sport of riding ocean (and river) waves in prone position evolved dramatically and expanded throughout the world.
New tricks were added to the repertoire; bodyboarders explored new parts of the wave that were never imagined before. The boards became lighter, more hydrodynamic, and easier to ride.
Bodyboarding is a sport for all ages, genders, nationalities, and backgrounds. Sometimes you choose it and sometimes it conquers your heart.
Whatever impetus drives you, it certainly is strong, emotional and long lasting. Today, bodyboarding is a lifestyle, but also an integral part of the so-called surf culture.
So, whether you're a seasoned veteran or a curious web crawler, there has to be at least one reason why you've picked the boogie board. You bodyboard because...
1. It brings you back to the ancient forms of surf craft wave riding;
2. You love paipo boards;
3. Prone riding is more exciting than stand-up surfing;
4. You feel speed in an exhilarating way;
5. You gain access to unexplored areas of the wave;
6. It allows you to make a vertical air drop;
7. It's better than surfing;
8. The bodyboard is flexible, not stiff;
9. Bodyboards are less expensive than surfboards;
10. A bodyboard fits in the trunk of a car;
11. You can take off deeper than surfers;
12. You can evolve quickly;
13. It allows you to ride prone, drop-knee or stand-up;
14. You can get barreled in small waves;
15. You only one boogie board to ride one-foot and 10-foot waves;
16. You can surf in very shallow waters;
17. You can take off later;
18. You can beat the black ball;
19. Bodyboards are easier to carry in a plane;
20. You don't necessarily have to use wax;
21. It's the most blissful wave riding experience;
22. It heals your soul;
23. It makes you a better person;
24. It's free;
25. It's a religion;
26. You're proud of the bodyboarding heritage;
27. You can ride high tide, shore-break waves;
28. You can throw and land giant el rollos;
29. Sponge is softer and safer than polyurethane and polyester resin;
30. The tribe is laid back and stands together;
What about you? Why do you bodyboard? Tell us your reasons for bodyboarding. Have your say. Leave a comment below.