Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 24 April 2009 | Bodyboarding
The day started with good waves this morning in Estaleirinhos Beach and the first round of females and the second of males were completed. José Kelson and Isabela Sousa were the best riders today with perfects 10.
"The waves are amazing. Is difficult but i like this kind of conditions. I'm so happy and I want to get better on this event", said Isabela.
José Kelson from Brazil also got a perfect 10 after a big air in one of the biggest waves of today.
The organizers expecting better conditions for tomorrow and the tops will debut in Katherine Melo Bodyboarding Pro 2009.
Source: IBA World Tour
- 23 April 2009 | Bodyboarding
The waves finally appeared in Estaleirinho beach for the second stop of the IBA World Tour 2009.
In the morning with the low tide, we had contestable 2 to 3 feet waves.
The highlights were Marcus Lima, Leonardo Kale from Brazil.
The best foreigner of the first round was Angelo Freda from Venezuela.
We believe there is a fresh 3-5 feet swell coming and we are confident that the waves will be awesome.
- 22 April 2009 | Bodyboarding
A lay day has been called this Tuesday for the Katherine Melo Bodyboarding Pro 2009. A good swell was predicted and the organizers were expecting good waves for tomorrow.
Today, April 21st, the principal riders arrived in Balneário Camboriú to follow the second stage on IBA World Tour, Katherine Melo Bodyboarding Pro 2009. The current 2nd place on WWT, Eunate Aguirre, was impressed with the structure on Estaleirinhos Beach.
“The structure here is incredible, I’m so happy to be here again. I have good experiences here because the last year event was so great. I will do my best and try do improve my second place from Pipe”, said Aguirre.
This year event have 130 riders from 13 different countries. The Brazilians make up the majority and the local supporters will fill the beach on the next few days.
Event organizers will be set at 8:00 (local time) and the first round of men and women should happen.
- The IBA World Tour heads to the Cobra D'Água Bodyboarding Show in Brazil
- Guilherme Tâmega plans to quit professional bodyboarding
- Girls head to Whaley Beach for the WBA Northern Beaches Comp
- Shark Island contest director explains IBA competition requirements
- Auto-Sleepers confirm sponsorship of the 2009 British Bodyboard National Championships
- Luz Marie Grand Perez wins the 2009 Culturalization Pipeline Tidal 9 Pro