Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 26 April 2018 | Bodyboarding
Tom Morey is often called a contemporary Renaissance man, and it is easy to understand why. The creator of the boogie board is continuously deepening his interest in all aspects of life.
Morey not only invented the bodyboard and a whole new sport, but he is also a prolific drummer, a competent ukulele player, and a modern-day philosopher.
The aeronautical engineer from Detroit is the founding member of the Four Eyed Five (1952), the Tom Morey Quartet (1954), and The Original Laguna Jazz Quartet.
- 24 April 2018 | Bodyboarding
French surfer and creative spirit Fred Compagnon went bodyboarding on the snowy slopes of Piau Engaly, in the Pyrenees. And he didn't forget the wetsuit.
Compagnon, who is known for riding all sorts of boards in all types of environments, created a unique bodyboard capable of sliding down powder snow and crud.
The weather conditions were picture perfect, and Compagnon was able to test, for the first time, the unconventional bodyboard that took 15 years to develop.
- 23 April 2018 | Bodyboarding
The Association of Professional Bodyboarders (APB) announced the creation of APB North America.
According to the sports organization led by Alex Leon, the newly-founded entity will regenerate and evolve the sport of bodyboarding in Mainland United States, Puerto Rico and Mexico.
The president of APB North America will be Steve Jackson, a former APB World Tour commentator, event coordinator of the iconic Jenks Pro, and many USBA Tour contest between 2006 and 2012.
- The outstanding bodyboarding life of Patti Serrano
- The most unusual bodyboard shapes and designs
- APB World Tour splits Grand Slam and Qualifying Series rankings
- What to expect from bodyboarding lessons
- Tristan Roberts claims the 2018 West Beach Warfare
- The most important dates in the history of bodyboarding