Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 17 October 2017 | Bodyboarding
Today, bodyboards are more than just a soft sponge made for riding summer waves.
In the past, you had to switch boards whenever the wave conditions changed. Fortunately, bodyboarding equipment evolved, and now, with stringers, you can ride the same board all year round.
With the advent of stringer systems, bodyboards became complex hydrodynamic mechanisms ready to excel in the most extreme ocean conditions.
- 16 October 2017 | Bodyboarding
It is one of the sport's most forgotten disciplines. The stand-up bodyboarding movement had its heyday between the late 1980s and early 1990s, but it continues to be an exquisite art.
It takes practice to become a stand-up bodyboarder. But if you're an accomplished surfer or a drop-knee enthusiast, it will be easier to stand up on the boogie board while trimming the wave at full speed.
The first thing you need to take into consideration is the board you're riding. If you're trying stand-up bodyboarding for the first time, grab a larger board than your regular option.
- 12 October 2017 | Bodyboarding
Iain Campbell has been crowned the 2017 APB World Tour champion.
The South African bodyboarder clinched his maiden world bodyboarding title in the sand banks of Nazaré's Praia do Norte, in Portugal.
Campbell is the third South African bodyboarder to win a world title. The first was Andre Botha (1998 and 1999), and the second rider was Jared Houston (2015).
- Vintage Bodyboard Collectors/Collective: the guardians of bodyboarding history
- How to land a gyroll
- Joana Schenker wins maiden APB Women's World Tour title
- Iain Campbell clinches the 2017 Viana World Bodyboard Championship
- Sari Ohhara wins in Madeira, Joana Schenker grabs fourth European title
- What is bodyboarding?