Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 26 September 2018 | Bodyboarding
Viana do Castelo plays a historical role in the development and history of professional bodyboarding.
Located in the northwest of Portugal, Viana do Castelo is a laid-back coastal city surrounded by plenty of beach breaks and few point breaks.
The region is also home to one of the best and most popular windsurfing and kitesurfing spots in the Iberian Peninsula - Praia do Cabedelo.
- 20 September 2018 | Bodyboarding
It's rare to find an action sports video that starts with a spoken lecture that actually makes sense in the days we're living.
"How would you enjoy living your life? [...] Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way."
The words are from Alan Watts (1913-1973), a British philosopher who dedicated his life to studying Eastern spirituality and culture and sharing it with Western audiences.
- 17 September 2018 | Bodyboarding
A 26-year-old bodyboarder died after being attacked by a shark in Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
It is the first time in more than 80 years that someone dies after a shark attack in the region. The last victim had been Joseph Troy Jr., a 16-year-old, who was killed in 1936, off Mattapoisett.
Arthur Medici was attacked by a 10-foot shark 30 yards off the coast of Newcomb Hollow Beach. The surf break is just 50 miles away from the Martha's Vineyard, the place where the movie "Jaws" was shot.
- Sammy Morretino crowned 2018 APB Drop-Knee world champion
- Sintra Pro finals canceled due to fog
- Bodyboarder loses life at Praia do Norte
- How to slow down on a bodyboard
- APB releases provisional schedule for the 2019 North America Regional Tour
- Duranbah Beach crowns eight Australian bodyboarding champions