Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 10 October 2018 | Bodyboarding
The newly-named 2018 World Cup Gran Canaria Frontón King will run from October 20 through November 3, at Galdar, in the Canary Islands.
This time, the legendary event is not part of the official APB World Tour schedule. However, the organization promises an unforgettable showdown with increased prize money, and a new competitive format.
"After months of negotiations, we were we could not meet all APB requests because many of them lacked administrative and sports irregularities that were not feasible," the Fronton King organizers told in an official statement.
- 09 October 2018 | Bodyboarding
Ayaka Suzuki is your 2018 APB Women's World Tour champion. The Japanese secured her maiden world title at Praia do Norte, in Nazaré, Portugal.
The 23-year-old rider conquered the first world bodyboarding title of her career and the first ever for Japan, just two years before the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
However, things didn't get easy for the Japanese wonder woman. Suzuki only sealed the deal in the last heat of the season.
- 08 October 2018 | Bodyboarding
The Nazaré Pro will crown the 2018 APB World Tour champions.
The final waves of the professional bodyboarding season are about to be ridden at Praia do Norte, Portugal's most famous big wave beach break.
Sammy Morretino and Armide Soliveres are already celebrating their world titles in the drop-knee and pro junior categories, respectively, but there's still too much at stake in the men's and women's divisions.
- Joe Clarke is taking down "Wallz"
- Thor Seraphin throws el rollos and airs on a foil bodyboard
- Hugo Pinheiro and friends return to Mar da Calha
- Armide Soliveres crowned 2018 APB World Pro Junior champion
- The importance of Viana do Castelo in the history of professional bodyboarding
- Matt Lackey and Lachlan Cramsie open the "Nomad Fun Park"