Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 17 September 2018 | Bodyboarding
The Men's and Women's APB World Tour titles will be decided at the Nazaré Pro, in Portugal.
The world's best bodyboarders waited all the long, but fog reigned, and the men's, women's and junior final had to be canceled.
For the first time in the history of the APB World Tour, organizers weren't able to crown event champions and had to split prize-money and points with the finalists.
- 11 September 2018 | Bodyboarding
A bodyboarder passed away while surfing at Praia do Norte, in Nazaré, Portugal.
The 38-year old bodyboarder from Salgueiros, near Porto, was catching waves with a group of friends at the infamous beach break when the accident took place.
According to early reports, the Ricardo Baptista drowned around 11am and was taken out of the water by his friends. He suffered a cardiac arrest.
- 06 September 2018 | Bodyboarding
Whether you're adjusting your position inside the barrel or simply slowing down, you need to learn how to put a brake on a bodyboard.
Reducing speed while riding a wave on a bodyboard is an essential skill. Believe or not, there are many reasons why you may want to apply the brakes on your board.
The technique is also known as stalling and serves several purposes including maximizing tube time, managing the amount of wave face available for performing maneuvers, and staying on the energy zone of the wave.
- APB releases provisional schedule for the 2019 North America Regional Tour
- Duranbah Beach crowns eight Australian bodyboarding champions
- 2018: A frustrating year for the APB World Tour
- Brazilian bodyboarding adopts equal prize money for men and women
- Bobby Kithcart is the first bodyboarder to ride the Surf Ranch
- Lachlan Cramsie is your 2018 ABA Tour champion