Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 11 September 2018 | Bodyboarding
A bodyboarder passed away while surfing at Praia do Norte, in Nazaré, Portugal.
The 38-year old bodyboarder from Salgueiros, near Porto, was catching waves with a group of friends at the infamous beach break when the accident took place.
According to early reports, the Ricardo Baptista drowned around 11am and was taken out of the water by his friends. He suffered a cardiac arrest.
- 06 September 2018 | Bodyboarding
Whether you're adjusting your position inside the barrel or simply slowing down, you need to learn how to put a brake on a bodyboard.
Reducing speed while riding a wave on a bodyboard is an essential skill. Believe or not, there are many reasons why you may want to apply the brakes on your board.
The technique is also known as stalling and serves several purposes including maximizing tube time, managing the amount of wave face available for performing maneuvers, and staying on the energy zone of the wave.
- 29 August 2018 | Bodyboarding
The inaugural 2019 APB North America Regional Tour will kick off with five events.
The Association of Professional Bodyboarders (APB) announced that North America will finally have its own regional circuit. The last event in American waters was held in 2013 and was organized by the United States Bodyboard Association (USBA).
The tentative schedule for 2019 includes contests in Hawaii, Mexico, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, and California.
- Duranbah Beach crowns eight Australian bodyboarding champions
- 2018: A frustrating year for the APB World Tour
- Brazilian bodyboarding adopts equal prize money for men and women
- Bobby Kithcart is the first bodyboarder to ride the Surf Ranch
- Lachlan Cramsie is your 2018 ABA Tour champion
- Dave Winchester wins the 2018 Kiama Bodyboard King Pro