Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 02 May 2018 | Bodyboarding
For a few, they're a useless piece of gear. But for many, fin tethers, also known as swim fin savers, can simultaneously save your money and save your life.
Fin tethers connect your ankles to the swim fins, making sure you're not losing them while riding a wave or getting ripped off by a close-out wave.
Remember that if you lose one fin, you won't be able to buy another one individually - water sports companies only sell pairs, and there's nothing you can do with a single swimfin.
- 26 April 2018 | Bodyboarding
Tom Morey is often called a contemporary Renaissance man, and it is easy to understand why. The creator of the boogie board is continuously deepening his interest in all aspects of life.
Morey not only invented the bodyboard and a whole new sport, but he is also a prolific drummer, a competent ukulele player, and a modern-day philosopher.
The aeronautical engineer from Detroit is the founding member of the Four Eyed Five (1952), the Tom Morey Quartet (1954), and The Original Laguna Jazz Quartet.
- 24 April 2018 | Bodyboarding
French surfer and creative spirit Fred Compagnon went bodyboarding on the snowy slopes of Piau Engaly, in the Pyrenees. And he didn't forget the wetsuit.
Compagnon, who is known for riding all sorts of boards in all types of environments, created a unique bodyboard capable of sliding down powder snow and crud.
The weather conditions were picture perfect, and Compagnon was able to test, for the first time, the unconventional bodyboard that took 15 years to develop.
- APB resurrects competitive bodyboarding in North America
- The outstanding bodyboarding life of Patti Serrano
- The most unusual bodyboard shapes and designs
- APB World Tour splits Grand Slam and Qualifying Series rankings
- What to expect from bodyboarding lessons
- Tristan Roberts claims the 2018 West Beach Warfare