Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 23 January 2018 | Bodyboarding
Are you on a week-long beach holiday? Have you bought bodyboard for your kid? Smart move. Get ready to introduce your offspring to the waves easily and safely. It is going to be fun.
Now that you're taking your toddler to the water, a few questions may have come up. What's the right age to teach a kid how to ride a boogie board? Is it safe to put a bodyboarder under a child's chest? How should he or she start?
There is no minimum age for learning to bodyboard. However, kids may start catching their first whitewater rollers by the time they reach three or four years.
- 15 January 2018 | Bodyboarding
The Association of Professional Bodyboarders (APB) released the provisional schedule for the 2018 APB World Tour.
The professional bodyboarding circuit will once again crown champions across four division. However, the 2018 APB World Tour will not kick off with the iconic Pipeline Invitational.
For reasons that remain unclear, the world's best bodyboarders will only start the season in Australia, meaning that the competitive year will be shortened to six months.
- 08 January 2018 | Bodyboarding
Pat Caldwell broke a collarbone while enjoying the shore break waves of Sandy Beach, in Oahu, Hawaii.
The legendary bodyboarder suffered a nasty injury while helping high school Conrad Morgan with water photography in a break he knows very well. Pat won his first contest at Sandy Beach in 1978.
According to his wife JJ Caldwell, Pat could not catch his breath for a while after getting obliterated by a wave like many others he had ridden before. The shot above was taken in the wave that sent him to the hospital.
- Mitch Rawlins breathes fresh "Air" into bodyboarding
- The 2018 ABA Tour schedule
- "Chasing the Southern Sun": a movie about Iain Campbell's lifelong dream
- The bodyboard magazines of the world
- How to prevent swim fins from giving you foot friction blisters
- Meet the Boog Mat, an inflatable bodyboard by Hubboards