Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 07 April 2018 | Bodyboarding
Tristan Roberts has taken out the 2018 West Beach Warfare, in Port Alfred, South Africa.
The contest officially kicked off the 2018 APB World Tour season and attracted some of the country's best bodyboarders, including the defending world champion Iain Campbell.
The West Beach Warfare is a 1-Star qualifying event with a $5,000 prize purse and delivered contestable three-foot wedges. The highly competitive vibe raised the quality of the rides, and the semifinals set the tone for the ultimate clash.
- 03 April 2018 | Bodyboarding
The history of bodyboarding is full of key moments, events and achievements. Discover the dates that helped change the sport.
The bodyboard was brought to us by Tom Morey, in 1971. Since then, the sport of bodyboarding conquered millions of fans and participants worldwide.
As one of the youngest water sports on the planet, boogie boarding still has a long way ahead on its path to becoming a mature recreation with a robust and sustainable industry, and a full-grown, professional competitive format.
- 02 April 2018 | Bodyboarding
In 1973, the early Morey Boogie models hit the market, and immediately conquered the hearts of water sports enthusiasts and the general public.
When the first Morey Boogie boards were sold, Tom Morey decided to develop a DIY kit so that consumers could assemble their new dream vehicle in the comfort of their homes, IKEA-style.
The four-page 8-1/2 x 14" instructions hand-drawn by the inventor of the bodyboarder survived the test of time. Craig Libuse, former Morey Boogie art director, scanned the document and shared his story.
- Lee Wilson storms the 2018 Good Earth West Oz Pro
- Left, Right or Center? The bodyboard leash placement dilemma
- The 2018 European Tour of Bodyboard schedule
- British bodyboarding talent takes his own life
- Carlos Hebert introduces iceberg-dodging to bodyboarding
- The most popular bodyboarding games of all time