Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 29 November 2018 | Bodyboarding
Professional bodyboarding is a relatively new concept. The first boogie-only contest was in 1982. It was the International Morey Boogie Bodyboard Pro Championships.
The event was a stand-alone world championship and run from ran continuously from 1982 to 1994, with a single exception - 1985 - when it was not held.
It was a time of rapid growth for the sport, and events were even televised on ESPN.
- 23 November 2018 | Bodyboarding
Sócrates Santana and Maira Viana have taken out the 2018 Brazilian bodyboarding titles.
Brazil has always produced some of the best bodyboarders in the world.
Guilherme Tâmega, Paulo Barcelos, Uri Valadão, Stephanie Pettersen, Glenda Kozlowski, Claudia Ferrari, Neymara Carvalho, Isabela Sousa, Daniela Freitas, Mariana Nogueira, Karla Costa, and Soraia Rocha have all been crowned world champions.
- 21 November 2018 | Bodyboarding
The Association of Professional Bodyboarders (APB) confirmed it is working actively to re-establish a professional and amateur bodyboarding circuit in North America.
The first stage of APB North America is to roll out its Judging and Instructor Certification programs in late January 2019.
Rogerio Bezerra, the technical director of the organization, has been working diligently with the president of APB North America, Steve Jackson, to develop programs that ensure the United States and the entire North American region have qualified judges for all amateur and professional competitions.
- The 7 best bodyboarding spots in the North of Portugal
- Australian bodyboarding trio find heaven in Sumatra
- How to repair cracked swim fins
- The barrel of a wave, according to Mike Stewart
- A handplaning session in Nazaré with Kalani Lattanzi
- Jair Bolsonaro uses bodyboard as microphone table in press conference