Bodyboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 19 October 2017 | Bodyboarding
Gabriel Zaccaro has taken out the VII Shock Master Challenge in four-to-six-foot waves, in Niterói, Brazil.
The event takes place at Shock, a famous slab located in Itacotiara, near Rio de Janeiro. The shallow reef break is one of the most dangerous waves in the country.
The seventh edition has once again showcased some of the best local riders. However, and for the first time since the contest began, an invitee finished first.
- 17 October 2017 | Bodyboarding
Today, bodyboards are more than just a soft sponge made for riding summer waves.
In the past, you had to switch boards whenever the wave conditions changed. Fortunately, bodyboarding equipment evolved, and now, with stringers, you can ride the same board all year round.
With the advent of stringer systems, bodyboards became complex hydrodynamic mechanisms ready to excel in the most extreme ocean conditions.
- 16 October 2017 | Bodyboarding
It is one of the sport's most forgotten disciplines. The stand-up bodyboarding movement had its heyday between the late 1980s and early 1990s, but it continues to be an exquisite art.
It takes practice to become a stand-up bodyboarder. But if you're an accomplished surfer or a drop-knee enthusiast, it will be easier to stand up on the boogie board while trimming the wave at full speed.
The first thing you need to take into consideration is the board you're riding. If you're trying stand-up bodyboarding for the first time, grab a larger board than your regular option.
- Iain Campbell is the 2017 APB World Tour champion
- Vintage Bodyboard Collectors/Collective: the guardians of bodyboarding history
- How to land a gyroll
- Joana Schenker wins maiden APB Women's World Tour title
- Iain Campbell clinches the 2017 Viana World Bodyboard Championship
- Sari Ohhara wins in Madeira, Joana Schenker grabs fourth European title