Environment News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 10 August 2018 | Environment
The city of Kwinana is testing a simple, yet cost-effective solution to reduce the discharge of waste from drainage systems.
The Western Australian town installed nets on the outlet of drainage pipes, preventing solid waste and gross pollutants from leaving the sewers.
The goal is to prevent solid residues of average dimensions that come from residential zones and are transported by rain waters from contaminating the Henley Reserve.
- 25 July 2018 | Environment
They're funny, cute, athletic, and extremely friendly. Welcome to the extraordinary world of dolphins.
Dolphins are aquatic mammals that have always fascinated humans. Kids and adults have learned to respect a marine creature that sometimes behaves like humans.
Scientists have concluded that dolphins are incredibly smart living beings and have become super fast swimmers thanks to their anatomy.
- 20 July 2018 | Environment
A tidal wave of plastic debris invaded the water and sands of Playa Montesinos, in the Dominican Republic.
The disturbing video was released by Parley for the Oceans, a platform where creators, thinkers, and leaders raise awareness for the destructions of the oceans and collaborate on projects that put an end to their destruction.
Playa Montesinos is an urban beach located near the port of Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic.
- Hawaii bans sunscreens with two coral-harming chemicals
- McDonald's is phasing out plastic straws
- John Van Hamersveld designs two murals for the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium
- Pilot whale dies after ingesting 80 plastic bags
- European Union is ready to ban single-use plastics
- Offshore oil drilling prospects overshadow Portugal's surf appeal