Environment News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 23 August 2018 | Environment
Surfrider Foundation celebrated its 34th anniversary with the launch of a new logo and wordmark.
The non-governmental environmental organization unveiled a new brand identity and announced a historic milestone: 500 coastal victories.
"In 2018, we have achieved 47 victories. We define a 'victory' as a government decision made in favor of the coastal and ocean environment that results in a positive conservation outcome or improves public access," stresses Surfrider.
- 20 August 2018 | Environment
It's a marine playground, and one of the most impressive natural scenarios our planet has to offer. Welcome to the Great Barrier Reef (GBR), Earth's largest living structure.
For many the Great Barrier Reef is nature's greatest gift to Australia; a mosaic of marine life where oceanographers and biologists find plenty of reasons to do research.
You can actually spot the GBR from outer space. The area is larger than the United Kingdom, Switzerland and the Netherlands combined, and roughly the size of Texas.
- 14 August 2018 | Environment
The Port of Rotterdam, in the Netherlands, is now home to a recycled floating park. The prototype has been unveiled and is open to visitors.
The new 140-square-meter space is 100 percent made from recycled plastics and features several hexagonal pods with multiple purposes.
The geometric blocks were installed to create small gardens, chill out zones, and habitat for wildlife.
- City of Kwinana collects 815 pounds of garbage using drainage nets
- 50 amazing facts about dolphins
- Waves of trash hit the Dominican Republic
- Hawaii bans sunscreens with two coral-harming chemicals
- McDonald's is phasing out plastic straws
- John Van Hamersveld designs two murals for the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium