Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 26 April 2018 | Kiteboarding
The so-called "walk of shame" is one of the oldest taboos in kiteboarding. However, it will always be an inevitable action for those who are learning the tricks of the trade.
So, what is the walk of shame? When first-timers start riding a kite, they learn the basic downwind technique, which means they can only sail with the wind behind their back.
But, because they still don't master the upwind riding skill, they need to stop sailing and walk back to where they started, normally along the beach.
- 25 April 2018 | Kiteboarding
The inaugural GKA Kiteboarding World Tour didn't start well. But sometimes, bad things lead to positive outcomes. And that's when tow-up kiteboarding becomes a spectacular experience.
For the first time in 20 years, Leucate's Mondial du Vent suffered an utterly windless spell. As a result, the world's best big air kiteboarding specialists were not able to compete and get results.
With the Air Games stalled and postponed, organizers ran a series of tow-up training sessions in which height and hangtime provided a fantastic experience. At least, from a spectator's perspective.
- 17 April 2018 | Kiteboarding
Spanish kitesurfer Gisela Pulido had her first kitesurfing session at Peahi, on the North Shore of Maui, Hawaii.
The 24-year-old rider kicked off her new adventure - the Big Wave Challenge - in the iconic Hawaiian surf break. In 2018, Pulido aims to surf the world's biggest waves.
"What a day! I have no words to describe how I feel right now! Jaws is one of the most amazing waves on Earth. I was dreaming of this moment so much, and I can't believe it finally happened," expressed Pulido.
- Top-ranked kite stars join the GKA Kiteboarding World Tour
- It was tough, but Florian Gruber clinched the 2018 Red Bull Ragnarok
- 99.62 km/h: Thierry Collado sets a new world speed land kiting record
- World Kiteboarding League is no longer sanctioned by World Sailing
- Air Games: GKA plans to blend big air and freestyle kiteboarding
- How to launch a kite with an assistant