Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 05 November 2018 | Kiteboarding
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of World Sailing has confirmed the official line-up of events for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
The sport of kiteboarding will make its debut in the Olympic movement in France with a foil board, and a ram air kite.
The 2024 Olympic sailing events and equipment are as follows:
- 30 October 2018 | Kiteboarding
Marek Bosowski has taken out the 2018 Baltic Kite Wave Jam, in Wladyslawowo, Poland.
The kitesurfing event got underway in extreme ocean and weather conditions. Thirty-two competitors challenged 40 knots of wind and four-to-five meter waves.
The one-day event will not be forgotten, as riders launched their three, four, and five-meters kites into the air and battled the wind-affected sea. It looked like Armageddon.
- 29 October 2018 | Kiteboarding
The Guinness World Records have confirmed it. Nuno "Stru" Figueiredo has officially ridden the world's biggest kitesurfing wave.
On November 8, 2017, the kitesurfer from Porto, in Portugal, launched his kite at Praia do Norte, in Nazaré, and sailed into one of the most dangerous beach breaks on the planet.
The wind was blowing from the north, and the waves were slightly facing south. After jumping off the crest of a couple of waves to get acquainted with the lineup, Figueiredo aimed for record wave.
- Maxime Nocher crowned 2018 KiteFoil Gold Cup champion
- Deury Corniel and Sofia Tomasoni win historic gold medals at 2018 Youth Olympic Games
- How much wind does a kiteboarder need to fly a kite?
- Daniela Moroz nominated for World Sailor of the Year 2018
- The 2019 Kite-Surf World Tour and Air Games schedule
- The man who went kitesurfing during Hurricane Florence