Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 05 August 2018 | Kiteboarding
The world's best professional freestyle kiteboarders are about to kick off a new season.
The first event of the year marks the end of an era. The World Kiteboarding League (WKL) is no longer the official tour of freestyle. It has been replaced by a brand created by the Kiteboard Riders Association (KRU).
KRU wants riders to run the show. They do not want companies taking over the competitive format, the prize money politics, and the selection of the venues.
- 01 August 2018 | Kiteboarding
Pat Goodman has been announced as the new Chief Kite Designer of North Kiteboarding.
The decision comes one month after the end of the partnership between the North Technology Group (NTG) and Boards & More, co-founders of the kiteboarding brand.
An industry authority on kite design and innovation for the past 18 years, Goodman's ability to understand and translate rider requirements into high-performance kite designs puts him among the world's most awarded, respected and successful kite designers.
- 31 July 2018 | Kiteboarding
Airton Cozzolino is pushing big air kiteboarding forward so fast that his opponents can't even get close to his flow of new tricks and hang time.
The 2018 GKA Air Games Sotavento will go down as one of the greatest big air events of all time, not only for the competitive side of it but also for what Cozzolino did.
The truth is that he's riding bigger kites, and he makes it look easy.
- Florian Gruber and Sofia Tomasoni crowned TwinTip Racing world champions
- Xantos Villegas secures first gold medal in kiteboarding's Olympic era
- Mario and Sol steal the show in Cabarete
- North Kiteboarding will continue as a brand
- How to choose a kiteboarding harness
- Guy Bridge and Daniela Moroz crowned 2018 Formula Kite European champions