Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 17 April 2018 | Kiteboarding
Spanish kitesurfer Gisela Pulido had her first kitesurfing session at Peahi, on the North Shore of Maui, Hawaii.
The 24-year-old rider kicked off her new adventure - the Big Wave Challenge - in the iconic Hawaiian surf break. In 2018, Pulido aims to surf the world's biggest waves.
"What a day! I have no words to describe how I feel right now! Jaws is one of the most amazing waves on Earth. I was dreaming of this moment so much, and I can't believe it finally happened," expressed Pulido.
- 11 April 2018 | Kiteboarding
The Global Kitesports Association (GKA) announced that a growing number of athletes is joining the newly-formed GKA Kiteboarding World Tour.
The World Kiteboarding League (WKL) era seems to be over. The stars of contemporary big air and freestyle kiteboarding are moving towards the new competitive discipline: the air games.
In March 2018, World Sailing (WS) dropped its support to the WKL, and GKA became the sole entity responsible for running the freestyle, wave and air games world tours.
- 08 April 2018 | Kiteboarding
Florian Gruber has taken out the 2018 Red Bull Ragnarok, Hardangervidda, Norway.
This year's event gathered more than 350 snow kiteboarders from 30 different countries. The challenge was cut by 25 kilometers because, last year, only eight athletes finished the 130-kilometer course.
This time, however, and due to the light winds, only three athletes managed to cross the finish line.
- 99.62 km/h: Thierry Collado sets a new world speed land kiting record
- World Kiteboarding League is no longer sanctioned by World Sailing
- Air Games: GKA plans to blend big air and freestyle kiteboarding
- How to launch a kite with an assistant
- The rise of the foil kiteboarding era
- Miami Beach wants to ban kitesurfing