Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 03 July 2018 | Kiteboarding
What happens when you combine kiteboarding, wakesurfing, and foiling? Well, the answer could be a bit complicated.
How about kite tow-in wake foil surfing? It is something like that. Whatever you call it, and according to the creative water sportsmen, this is a world's first.
Laurent Sublet and Jerome Falconnat merged two water sports - kiteboarding and wakesurfing - and a new discipline that is common to both boardsports.
- 28 June 2018 | Kiteboarding
When you think of a tropical destination with superb conditions for kitesurfing, Maui is one of those places that will always make you a better rider.
Once hailed the best island in the world, Maui is also often considered the world's windsurfing capital; a place where wind-and-water sports enthusiasts put their skills to test.
But it is also one of the birthplaces of kiteboarding. The world's first kite competition was held in Maui, in September 1996, and won by Marcus "Flash" Austin.
- 25 June 2018 | Kiteboarding
Nick Jacobsen is not a fan of competition. Instead, he prefers to inspire people through life-threatening, one-off projects.
This time, he joined the Kitesurfing Armada for a side-off event that involved colored smoke, similar to what the military uses for signaling landing or target zones.
Twenty-four hours after watching David Hastilow, and friends performing a kite formation display that included red, white and blue smoke, the Danish kiteboarder decided to do the same... towed by a boat.
- Graham Howes and Nick Jacobsen ride the "Floating Lake"
- Matchu Lopes lands first ever triple front roll in competition
- The illustrated Kitesurf Map features over 500 wind spots
- Brandon Scheid claims the 2018 Triple-S Invitational
- 73-year-old kiteboarder loses life in San Francisco Bay
- Project 65+: the 14 women aged 65-76 who ride kites