Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 30 November 2018 | Kiteboarding
Hawaiian watersports legends Robby Naish, Pete Cabrinha, and Don Montague share their personal stories in an audiobook that is filled with good music and laid back vibes.
Through unreleased interview recordings, taken from the award-winning film "Chapter One - The Kiteboard Legacy Begins," the three men speak about the evolution of watersports in Hawaii, and the birth of a new sport - kitesurfing.
In the early 1990s, professional windsurfer and big wave record holder Pete Cabrinha is part of a group of creative individuals in Maui called "The Strapped Crew," which also included Laird Hamilton and Dave Kalama.
- 29 November 2018 | Kiteboarding
Three young riders went on a snow kiteboarding trip to Patagonia.
Ignacio Ortiz, Ivo Pionetti, and Laurent Guyot explore some of the best kiting spots the territory has to offer and were lucky enough to live unforgettable experiences with Mother Nature.
Patagonia is a vast region located at the southernmost tip of South America, and it is shared by Argentina (three quarters) and Chile (a quarter).
- 26 November 2018 | Kiteboarding
A Russian kitesurfer died at Supertubos, in Peniche, Portugal. It was the first time someone died practicing water sports at the spot.
The 34-year-old kiteboarder was riding his wing in challenging ocean conditions at the famous beach break when, suddenly, he broke his board and struggled in the surf.
Local surfers were able to bring him back to the beach, and he was later transported to the Peniche hospital.
- Nick Levi sets new Guinness World Record
- A kiteboarding trip to Prince Edward Island
- Formula Kite set for Paris 2024
- Marek Bosowski wins 2018 Baltic Kite Wave Jam
- Nuno "Stru" Figueiredo sets new Guinness world record for the largest kitesurfing wave
- Maxime Nocher crowned 2018 KiteFoil Gold Cup champion