Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 06 December 2017 | Kiteboarding
Necessity is the mother of invention. Here's how a simple creation transforms a kid's life.
It is one of the oldest kite sails in the history of kiteboarding. The Ikea Frakta carrier bag continues to serve as the weapon of choice for first-timers into the sport.
Now, let's meet Frederik. He is six years old, and he wants to ride a kite. His dad, Soren, thought of a small kite that could propel him across the windy waters.
- 30 November 2017 | Kiteboarding
Four snow kiteboarders have hit the peaks of Norway. "May The Wind Be With You" is an exciting documentary that unveils their extreme adventure.
Sebastian Bubmann, Philip Kuchelmeister, Tobi Deckert and Maxi Kuhnhauser embark on a road trip to one of the coldest regions in the world.
"I have already been in Alaska with Philip in 2012 and 2014. We did two big projects and tried to ride huge mountains. Unfortunately, the weather let us down twice," explains Bubmann.
- 27 November 2017 | Kiteboarding
Nicolas Parlier and Daniela Moroz have been crowned 2017 Formula Kite world champions, at Al Mouj Beach, in Muscat, Oman.
The world best kite foil performers wrapped up an intense week of sailing in the waters of the Gulf of Oman. The five-day competition attracted 58 riders from 22 countries.
The wind varied from 6 to 20 knots, and the organization ran 108 short track races. Each race barely lasted eight minutes, framed by a stunning mountain backdrop.
- 57.97 knots: Alex Caizergues breaks his own world speed kiteboarding record
- What are the different disciplines of kiteboarding?
- Kitesurfer Nuno "Stru" Figueiredo defies Praia do Norte
- Jinne Boer is the Man of the Dam 2017
- Kitesurfing pioneers: the story of Mike Waltze
- Kitesurfing pioneers: the story of Don Montague