Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 26 December 2017 | Kiteboarding
The list of riders for the 2018 Red Bull King of the Air has been announced.
The organizers of the prestigious big air kiteboarding event have also moved the contest site from the Big Bay to Kite Beach, in Cape Town.
The decision to change the venue was based on the weather conditions. Hopefully, the new spot will improve the spectators' experience, and provided an exciting arena for the stars of the show.
- 13 December 2017 | Kiteboarding
Carlos Mario and Bruna Kajiya are the 2017 World Kiteboarding League (WKL) champions.
The Brazilians riders dominated the Elite League season held in Leucate (France), Texel (Netherlands), Akyaka (Turkey), El Gouna (Egypt), and Cumbuco (Brazil).
Unfortunately, the wind conditions were mediocre in two or three events, which eventually led to a less competitive world circuit. Nevertheless, it was possible to crown new world champions.
- 11 December 2017 | Kiteboarding
Olly and Steph Bridge have taken out the 2017 Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton, in Fremantle, Western Australia.
The event attracted a record-breaking number of 140 kiteboarders from all corners of the globe and got underway with clear blue skies and 17 knots of wind.
The British duo claimed the men's and women's titles and repeated the feat of 2014, but it was Olly who crossed the finish line first with a total time of 19 minutes, 34 seconds, and 42 seconds.
- 277 meters: Nick Jacobsen breaks kite tow-up world record
- Six-year-old kid goes kiteboarding with an IKEA Frakta bag
- Four snow kiteboarders take over the Norway peaks
- Parlier and Moroz win the 2017 Formula Kite World Championships
- 57.97 knots: Alex Caizergues breaks his own world speed kiteboarding record
- What are the different disciplines of kiteboarding?