Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 09 May 2018 | Kiteboarding
There has always been a dispute over the name of the sport. Is it kiteboarding or kitesurfing?
"Dreamland," a compilation of wave kiting footage featuring Keahi De Aboitiz and Moona Whyte, helps us figure out how to distinguish both terms.
In fact, kitesurfing is more about flying a kite and hitting the waves. Somehow like a surfer, but pulled by a large kite. Interestingly, purist kitesurfing enthusiasts tend to use strapless surfboards, only.
- 08 May 2018 | Kiteboarding
Nicolas Parlier and Alexia Fancelli were the fastest kiteboarders of the 2018 Défi Kite, held in Gruissan, France.
The 100-kilometer kitesurfing marathon attracted 320 riders. Four races were run, and the famous Tramontane wind didn't disappoint and blew in the 20-to-45-knot range.
The competition mixed, once again amateur and professional kiteboarders. A large majority of the riders flew 15-meter kites. Nico led his foil to victory with a flawless performance.
- 03 May 2018 | Kiteboarding
Aymeric Martin, Nicolas Gilomen, Manuela Jungo, and Isabel Von Zastrow claimed the four wildcards on offer for the upcoming 2018 Triple-S Invitational.
The event will take place between June 2-8 in Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, and showcases the world's best progressive wake-style kiteboarders putting their skills to the test on slider and kicker features.
The 12th Annual Wind Voyager Triple-S Invitational will feature 24 male riders and 10 female athletes from all corners of the planet.
- A brief history of recent large kites
- IFKO says "kitesurfing inside World Sailing is illegal"
- Why the "walk of shame" should not be embarrassing at all
- Are kite tow-ups an alternative to windless contest days?
- Gisela Pulido rides her kite at Jaws
- Top-ranked kite stars join the GKA Kiteboarding World Tour