Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 14 August 2018 | Kiteboarding
The president of the International Federation of Kitesports Organizations (IFKO) wrote a letter to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) with two requests and six questions.
Diogo Fernandes is asking Thomas Bach to overturn IOC's negative influence over the governance of all kite disciplines.
The sport of kiteboarding is currently under the governance of World Sailing, via International Kiteboarding Association (IKA) and Global Kitesports Association.
- 05 August 2018 | Kiteboarding
The world's best professional freestyle kiteboarders are about to kick off a new season.
The first event of the year marks the end of an era. The World Kiteboarding League (WKL) is no longer the official tour of freestyle. It has been replaced by a brand created by the Kiteboard Riders Association (KRU).
KRU wants riders to run the show. They do not want companies taking over the competitive format, the prize money politics, and the selection of the venues.
- 01 August 2018 | Kiteboarding
Pat Goodman has been announced as the new Chief Kite Designer of North Kiteboarding.
The decision comes one month after the end of the partnership between the North Technology Group (NTG) and Boards & More, co-founders of the kiteboarding brand.
An industry authority on kite design and innovation for the past 18 years, Goodman's ability to understand and translate rider requirements into high-performance kite designs puts him among the world's most awarded, respected and successful kite designers.
- 19 seconds of hang time: Airton Cozzolino sets a new strapless record
- Florian Gruber and Sofia Tomasoni crowned TwinTip Racing world champions
- Xantos Villegas secures first gold medal in kiteboarding's Olympic era
- Mario and Sol steal the show in Cabarete
- North Kiteboarding will continue as a brand
- How to choose a kiteboarding harness