Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 04 June 2018 | Kiteboarding
A kitesurfer lost his life at Crown Memorial State Beach, in Alameda, California.
Alameda firefighters received a call at 4:25 pm for a kitesurfer in distress. A 73-year-old general surgeon was found in the water unresponsive and facing down by bystanders and fellow kite riders.
They dragged him to the beach and performed CPR, although there was no sign of life from the man, who had been flying his kite at San Francisco Bay.
- 30 May 2018 | Kiteboarding
The Women's Kiteboarding Collective (WKC) launched a short film that celebrates the 14 female kitesurfers who range in age from 65 to 76.
"Life with a kite is damn near perfection." The words are from Betsy, a 69-year-old kiteboarder from Baja California Sur. She is one of the many senior riders flying kites around the world.
Contrary to the usual stereotypes of older women, these girls are skilled, experienced and accomplished kiters.
- 29 May 2018 | Kiteboarding
A 37-year-old Italian died while kitesurfing off the coast of Porto Seguro, Brazil.
According to police, he was lifted by the wind to a height of about 100 feet (30 meters) and then fell into the water near Praia do Muta, north of Porto Seguro.
Originally from Thiene, in Italy, Christian Pesavento was living in Porto Seguro for seven years, and he knew the local kite spots very well.
- The challenges of kiteboarding as an Olympic sport
- Danny Barnette goes puddle jumping in the Outer Banks
- Ozone unveils its Click-In Loop quick release system
- World Sailing confirms kiteboarding in the Paris 2024 Olympic Games
- Deury Corniel and Nina Font Castells crowned 2018 TwinTip:Racing world champions
- "Dreamland," a kitesurfing film featuring Keahi De Aboitiz and Moona Whyte