Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 05 February 2018 | Kiteboarding
Paris' Seine River reached the highest level in over a century, and heavy floods took over France's capital.
However, what has become a nightmare for the majority of the citizens, it also created unexpected opportunities for inland kitesurfers.
Parisian kiteboarders woke up on the weekend and were greeted by a flooded football field in Bagatelle, near the Longchamp Racecourse.
- 31 January 2018 | Kiteboarding
Kevin Langeree has taken out the 2018 Red Bull King of the Air, in Cape Town's Kite Beach, South Africa.
The world's craziest kiteboarding competition is over, and there was unbelievable action unfolding in front of thousands of ecstatic big air kiteboarding fans.
The judges were looking for extreme big airs, style, and variety of maneuvers, and wind was giving athletes the boost they needed to perform huge jumps and loops.
- 24 January 2018 | Kiteboarding
When you're getting into kiteboarding and buying gear, you're investing in your physical and mental health. So, is kitesurfing an expensive hobby? What is the cost of entry into the sport?
Kitesurfing equipment only became widely available in the late 1990s. That said, the wind sport is still living its early days.
Since the turn of the millennium, kite gear evolved and got safer thanks to several technical updates and mechanical developments. However, with the progression in equipment, prices kept relatively stable through time.
- Nick Jacobsen breaks fibula and misses King of the Air
- What are kitesurfing kites made of?
- IKA launches the SnowKite World Cup
- Riders named for the 2018 Red Bull King of the Air
- Carlos Mario and Bruna Kajiya crowned 2017 WKL Freestyle champions
- Olly Bridge wins the 2017 Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton