Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 10 August 2017 | Kiteboarding
Ben Wilson went on a kitesurfing trip to the Great Barrier Reef, and he found a few idyllic wave riding spots.
He presents himself as a big wave kitesurfer. And he couldn't be more right. In 2011, Ben Wilson scored what is widely considered the world's largest kitesurfing wave at Cloudbreak, Fiji.
Since then he taught the sport to thousands of first-time kiters, including pro surfer Mick Fanning and Josh Kerr.
- 09 August 2017 | Kiteboarding
Alexandre Caizergues claimed the 2017 Kite Speed World Championship, held on Masirah Island, in the Sultanate of Oman.
The attracted some of the fastest kiteboarders on the planet and offered spectacular racing conditions in the local shallow lagoon. Despite the absence of major athletes, the spot proved to be one of the best venues for this sailing class.
Winds of over 30 knots allowed competitors to push the limits of speed sailing, but also caused a few wipeouts and crashes which resulted in injuries.
- 07 August 2017 | Kiteboarding
Who can stop Nico Parlier from winning the 2017 Hydrofoil Pro Tour? Apparently no one.
The French kiteboarder has stormed the second stop of the circuit, held in the iconic waters of San Francisco Bay. Parlier won 10 of the 13 races run by the St. Francis Yacht Club
On the last day of races, with powerful winds blowing across the flat water and the Alcatraz Island as background, Axel Mazella and Johnny Heineken fought an exciting battle for the second and third places.
- Mitu Monteiro prevails in the windy waves of Dakhla
- How to untwist the kite lines
- King Philippe of Belgium goes kitesurfing
- Martin Dolenc crowned 2017 TwinTip:Racing European champion
- TEN Kiteboarding hits the market
- Kiteboarders Francisco Lufinha and Anke Brandt plan to connect Azores to mainland Portugal