Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 16 July 2018 | Kiteboarding
Guy Bridge and Daniela Moroz have taken out the 2018 Formula Kite European Championships in Warnemünde, in the north of Germany.
After a long week of racing with wind conditions ranging from six to 25 knots, the International Kiteboarding Association (IKA) crowned two new Old Continent champions.
The 81st edition of the Warnemuender Woche had 59 riders from 18 nations and four continents, who battled for medals in eight qualifying races, and eight final series races.
- 11 July 2018 | Kiteboarding
A 14-year-old teenager became the youngest person to kitesurf across the English Channel.
Adam Farrington rode his kite from Swanage Beach, in England, to Cherbourg-Octeville, in France, in five hours and 19 minutes.
The schoolboy from Ferndown battled rough seas, 25 mph winds, and had to dodge a few large container ships as he navigated the busy shipping lane.
- 05 July 2018 | Kiteboarding
Jesse Richman won the first-ever GKA Kiteboarding World Tour Air Games event, in Tarifa, Spain.
After the wind failed to appear in Leucate, the world's best big air kiteboarders were able to fly high in the skies of Europe's wind sports mecca.
The Air Games format requires athletes to complete tricks in three categories: big air (including board-offs), handle-passes and kite loops.
- Kite + wake + foil: what do you call this?
- The best kitesurfing spots in Maui
- Nick Jacobsen draws colored smoke lines in the skies of Hayling Island
- Graham Howes and Nick Jacobsen ride the "Floating Lake"
- Matchu Lopes lands first ever triple front roll in competition
- The illustrated Kitesurf Map features over 500 wind spots