Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 04 October 2018 | Kiteboarding
Daniela Moroz is one of the five female sailors nominated for the Rolex World Sailor of the Year 2018 awards.
The American kiteboarder has been shortlisted alongside Caterina Banti (2018 Nacra 17 world champion), Carolijn Brouwer and Marie Riou (Volvo Ocean Race winners), and Wendy Tuck (Clipper Round the World Race winning skipper).
Moroz stormed the 2018 Formula Kiteboarding World Championship in Aarhus, Denmark. She won 14 of the 15 races sailed, and claimed the gold medal for the third consecutive time.
- 27 September 2018 | Kiteboarding
The Global Kitesports Association (GKA) released the official competitive schedule for the 2019 season.
The 2019 Kite-Surf World Tour (wave kitesurfing) and the Air Games (big air kiteboarding) calendars feature new event locations.
The tour kicks off at Sal's Ponta Preta in February, and it will travel to improbable spots like Malmö and Maui. Germany is still not in the official lineup for 2019.
- 19 September 2018 | Kiteboarding
Dimitri Maramenides, the founder and owner of Epic Kites, rode his kite a few hours before Hurricane Florence hit the East Coast of the United States.
Federal authorities were pleading with everyone along the coast not to underestimate the hurricane strength. But Maramenides believed he wasn't doing anything wrong.
"This gives me the opportunity to test the kites and see how they handle in very strong winds," explained Maramenides before hitting the stormy seas.
- A cold water kiteboarding experience in Lewis and Harris
- World Kiteboarding Championships kicked off with a bang
- Is kiteboarding a dangerous water sport?
- A kite trip to Zanzibar with Paula Novotna
- Carlos Mario and Mikaili Sol claim inaugural Air Games
- Rob Douglas secures third Kite Speed world title