Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 20 August 2018 | Kiteboarding
Are you buying a new harness for your kiteboarding sessions? Are unsure about which size to select choose? Check out our handy kite harness size chart.
The harness is one of the most overlooked gear items in the sport of kitesurfing. The truth is that it not only keeps you connected to the kite, but it can also save your life.
The most popular type of kite harness is the waist harness. It is comfortable, safe, easier to swim with, and provides a freer riding experience comparing to seat harnesses and boardshorts harness.
- 14 August 2018 | Kiteboarding
The president of the International Federation of Kitesports Organizations (IFKO) wrote a letter to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) with two requests and six questions.
Diogo Fernandes is asking Thomas Bach to overturn IOC's negative influence over the governance of all kite disciplines.
The sport of kiteboarding is currently under the governance of World Sailing, via International Kiteboarding Association (IKA) and Global Kitesports Association.
- 05 August 2018 | Kiteboarding
The world's best professional freestyle kiteboarders are about to kick off a new season.
The first event of the year marks the end of an era. The World Kiteboarding League (WKL) is no longer the official tour of freestyle. It has been replaced by a brand created by the Kiteboard Riders Association (KRU).
KRU wants riders to run the show. They do not want companies taking over the competitive format, the prize money politics, and the selection of the venues.
- Pat Goodman will design kites for North Kiteboarding
- 19 seconds of hang time: Airton Cozzolino sets a new strapless record
- Florian Gruber and Sofia Tomasoni crowned TwinTip Racing world champions
- Xantos Villegas secures first gold medal in kiteboarding's Olympic era
- Mario and Sol steal the show in Cabarete
- North Kiteboarding will continue as a brand