Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 11 January 2018 | Kiteboarding
Whether you think of a kite as a wing or a sail, you want it to be lightweight, resistant, waterproof, but also stiff and flexible at the same time, so that they could respond to all flight requests.
Kites evolved tremendously since the turn of the millennium. Not only they became safer to ride and lighter to carry and control in and out of the water, but their core materials also became more efficient.
Depending on the type of kite you're riding, there are different materials and construction methods that can be adopted to get a high-performance model.
- 02 January 2018 | Kiteboarding
The International Kiteboarding Association (IKA) announced the launch of the inaugural SnowKite World Cup.
The new snow kiteboarding series will feature three events held in Reschensee and Roccaraso, in Italy, and Erciyes, in Turkey. The IKA is working with WISSA (World Ice and Snow Sailing Association) to get the circuit up and running.
The 2018 SnowKite World Cup will include three disciplines: Course Racing, Long Distance/Cross-Country, and Formula GPS.
- 26 December 2017 | Kiteboarding
The list of riders for the 2018 Red Bull King of the Air has been announced.
The organizers of the prestigious big air kiteboarding event have also moved the contest site from the Big Bay to Kite Beach, in Cape Town.
The decision to change the venue was based on the weather conditions. Hopefully, the new spot will improve the spectators' experience, and provided an exciting arena for the stars of the show.
- Carlos Mario and Bruna Kajiya crowned 2017 WKL Freestyle champions
- Olly Bridge wins the 2017 Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton
- 277 meters: Nick Jacobsen breaks kite tow-up world record
- Six-year-old kid goes kiteboarding with an IKEA Frakta bag
- Four snow kiteboarders take over the Norway peaks
- Parlier and Moroz win the 2017 Formula Kite World Championships