Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 29 May 2018 | Kiteboarding
A 37-year-old Italian died while kitesurfing off the coast of Porto Seguro, Brazil.
According to police, he was lifted by the wind to a height of about 100 feet (30 meters) and then fell into the water near Praia do Muta, north of Porto Seguro.
Originally from Thiene, in Italy, Christian Pesavento was living in Porto Seguro for seven years, and he knew the local kite spots very well.
- 23 May 2018 | Kiteboarding
Windsurfing is an Olympic sport since 1984. Surfing is about to join the movement in Tokyo 2020. Get ready to greet kiteboarding in the most important sports event on the planet.
Now that kiteboarding was introduced in the Olympic program for Paris 2024, it's time to correct, improve and fine-tune some of the issues that the sport has been confronted with in the past couple of decades.
Is it a sailing sport? What are the "official" disciplines within the sport? Shall it be ruled under World Sailing or any other governing body?
- 18 May 2018 | Kiteboarding
Danny Barnette has just enjoyed a pure freeride experience in the Outer Banks.
The kiteboarder from Raleigh, North Carolina, completed a 20-mile downwind run that led him through some of the best slicks on the East Coast.
One thing's for sure: his jumping skills are now better than ever, and that's probably why he named his video edit "Puddle Jumping." By the end of the clip, you may feel a bit dizzy, but it will be worth.
- Ozone unveils its Click-In Loop quick release system
- World Sailing confirms kiteboarding in the Paris 2024 Olympic Games
- Deury Corniel and Nina Font Castells crowned 2018 TwinTip:Racing world champions
- "Dreamland," a kitesurfing film featuring Keahi De Aboitiz and Moona Whyte
- Nicolas Parlier conquers the 2018 Défi Kite
- Wildcards announced for the 2018 Triple-S Invitational