Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 17 September 2017 | Kiteboarding
Alex Neto mastered the strong winds blowing across the striking blue lagoons and immense sand dunes of Lençóis Maranhenses National Park to win the second edition of kitesurfing's Red Bull Rally dos Ventos.
The Brazilian star excelled on home soil to defend his title and upset world champion Carlos Mario Bebê in a thrilling finish at the end of a tough competition.
Forty-five competitors battled their way through 65 kilometers of picturesque blue lagoons and huge sand dunes in one of South America's most breathtaking settings.
- 14 September 2017 | Kiteboarding
What better way to crown a wave kitesurfing champion than in the iconic reef break of One Eye, in Mauritius.
The 2017 GKA Kitesurf World Tour is over, and we have a new champion. The race for the championship title had two contenders - Matchu Lopes and Airton Cozzolino - and they put everything on each wave to raise the coveted trophy.
Both riders progressed through the early heats until the competition turned into a do-or-die showdown.
- 13 September 2017 | Kiteboarding
Francisco Lufinha and Anke Brandt have successfully completed the kite cross between the Azores and mainland Portugal.
The Portuguese and German kitesurfers rode their kites and foil boards in the Atlantic Ocean for around 888 nautical miles (1,646 kilometers). That's a new world record.
The journey kicked off in Ponta Delgada, Azores, on the island of São Miguel, on September 4, and ended in Oeiras, Portugal, on September 13.
- Joshua Emanuel claims the 2017 Red Bull Megaloop Challenge
- 8 basic tricks every strapless kitesurfer should learn
- Are kites useful for anything?
- "Rugged Point," a kiteboarding heaven in Canada's west coast
- Nico Parlier and Daniela Moroz crowned 2017 Formula Kite European champions
- Matchu Lopes wins the 2017 Kitesurf World Cup Fehmarn