Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 07 December 2017 | Kiteboarding
Nick Jacobsen set a new kite tow-up world record in Cape Town, South Africa.
The Danish kiteboarder flew his kite 277 meters (908.8 feet) high in the sky with the help of Team Brunel, a sailing team who competes in the Volvo Ocean Race.
Jacobsen attached himself to nearly 500 meters of rope, which was dragged behind the 65-foot yacht. Kyle Langford, the trimmer for Team Brunel and a kitesurfer himself, managed the release of the line that got the stuntman up in the sky.
- 06 December 2017 | Kiteboarding
Necessity is the mother of invention. Here's how a simple creation transforms a kid's life.
It is one of the oldest kite sails in the history of kiteboarding. The Ikea Frakta carrier bag continues to serve as the weapon of choice for first-timers into the sport.
Now, let's meet Frederik. He is six years old, and he wants to ride a kite. His dad, Soren, thought of a small kite that could propel him across the windy waters.
- 30 November 2017 | Kiteboarding
Four snow kiteboarders have hit the peaks of Norway. "May The Wind Be With You" is an exciting documentary that unveils their extreme adventure.
Sebastian Bubmann, Philip Kuchelmeister, Tobi Deckert and Maxi Kuhnhauser embark on a road trip to one of the coldest regions in the world.
"I have already been in Alaska with Philip in 2012 and 2014. We did two big projects and tried to ride huge mountains. Unfortunately, the weather let us down twice," explains Bubmann.
- Parlier and Moroz win the 2017 Formula Kite World Championships
- 57.97 knots: Alex Caizergues breaks his own world speed kiteboarding record
- What are the different disciplines of kiteboarding?
- Kitesurfer Nuno "Stru" Figueiredo defies Praia do Norte
- Jinne Boer is the Man of the Dam 2017
- Kitesurfing pioneers: the story of Mike Waltze