Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 13 June 2018 | Kiteboarding
Matchu Lopes and Moona Whyte have taken out the inaugural Viana World Cup, in Viana do Castelo, Portugal.
The third stop on the 2018 Global Kitesports Association (GKA) Kite-Surf World Tour got underway in the beautiful coastal city located in the north of Portugal.
Cabedelo Beach is famous for its "Nortada" wind, and it is also the spot chosen by the PWA World Cup to run this year's slalom and freestyle events in Portugal.
- 12 June 2018 | Kiteboarding
When we talk about maps, it's safe to say that details matter. A lot.
In 2010, a German surfer named Simon Schuetz was searching for a world map with the best surf spots, but he didn't find what he was looking for.
That's when he decided to found Awesome Maps, a startup based between Berlin and Bali that makes illustrated world map posters for the active traveler.
- 11 June 2018 | Kiteboarding
Brandon Scheid and Karolina Winkowska have taken out the 2018 Triple-S Invitational, at Cape Hatteras, in North Carolina.
It's been hailed as the most prestigious wake-style kiteboarding contest on the planet and, this year, the Triple-S Invitational got underway in all wind directions.
Once again, 34 riders put their skills to test and attacked the two kickers, 82-foot A-frame, 56-ft rooftop rail and 45-ft reverse rainbow on offer.
- 73-year-old kiteboarder loses life in San Francisco Bay
- Project 65+: the 14 women aged 65-76 who ride kites
- Italian rider dies in tragic kite accident in Porto Seguro
- The challenges of kiteboarding as an Olympic sport
- Danny Barnette goes puddle jumping in the Outer Banks
- Ozone unveils its Click-In Loop quick release system