Hurghada will crown the best African kiteboarders

January 2, 2013 | Kiteboarding
Hurghada: Egyptian kite heaven

Up to 200 kiteboarders will compete at the 2013 African Course Racing Championships for the Continental titles, in Hurghada, Egypt, from 24th-29th March.

The event is organized under the supervision of the Egypt Sailing and Rowing Federation, and the International Kiteboarding Association. There are 20000 euros in prize money and important points for the IKA Course Racing World Ranking to qualify for the 2013 world championships.

90% of the places are reserved to continental riders, while the remaining 10% are open to non-continental sailors, strictly by world ranking. Places not taken by continental sailors are becoming freely available.

The 2013 African Course Racing Championships will be based in Colona Watersports Centre, in Magawish Beach, Hurghada, Egypt. Kiteboarders will have dominant North crosshore winds, water temperature at 22C degrees and average air temperature of 30C degrees.

The opening series is scheduled for a maximum of 16 races on the water, the medal race series is scheduled as a "best of three" repechage consisting of quarterfinal, semifinal and final.

The courses will be Windward/Leeward for the opening series and short track for the medal race series, or any other courses adopted by IKA or ISAF. uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn more on our About section.