Kiteboarding News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 19 June 2018 | Kiteboarding
Graham Howes and Nick Jacobsen went on a crazy adventure to the Faroe Islands to ride their kites on Sørvágsvatn, also known as Leitisvatn or the "Floating Lake."
Turquoise water, coconuts, and palm trees are trending. People flocking to paradise to fill their Instagram feeds with smoothy breakfast bowls and bikini shots. Well, one thing was sure - Howes and Jacobsen wanted none of that.
"The idea came about in Cape Town over summer. Everyone was booking their tickets to Bali, Tarifa, and Cabarete," Graham Howes tells SurferToday.com.
- 13 June 2018 | Kiteboarding
Matchu Lopes and Moona Whyte have taken out the inaugural Viana World Cup, in Viana do Castelo, Portugal.
The third stop on the 2018 Global Kitesports Association (GKA) Kite-Surf World Tour got underway in the beautiful coastal city located in the north of Portugal.
Cabedelo Beach is famous for its "Nortada" wind, and it is also the spot chosen by the PWA World Cup to run this year's slalom and freestyle events in Portugal.
- 12 June 2018 | Kiteboarding
When we talk about maps, it's safe to say that details matter. A lot.
In 2010, a German surfer named Simon Schuetz was searching for a world map with the best surf spots, but he didn't find what he was looking for.
That's when he decided to found Awesome Maps, a startup based between Berlin and Bali that makes illustrated world map posters for the active traveler.
- Brandon Scheid claims the 2018 Triple-S Invitational
- 73-year-old kiteboarder loses life in San Francisco Bay
- Project 65+: the 14 women aged 65-76 who ride kites
- Italian rider dies in tragic kite accident in Porto Seguro
- The challenges of kiteboarding as an Olympic sport
- Danny Barnette goes puddle jumping in the Outer Banks