Skimboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 21 August 2012 | Skimboarding
Blake Zimmerman has conquered the 6th Annual Chambers Creek Throwdown, in Tacoma, Washington.
Event organizers Tony Saddler and Tim Mackey have improved and reorganized the event with three mini-contests intermixed between main heats.
The mini-contests included Longest Ride, Best Bank Slide and Highest Ollie. In the Pro division, Zimmerman was followed by Isaac Thomas and Tim Pettit.
- 30 July 2012 | Skimboarding
Perry Pruitt has conquered the 2012 OBX Skim Jam, in Outer Banks, North Carolina.
The skimboarding competition is the fifth event of the 2012 United Skim Tour and was contested in good wind and wave conditions. With crystal green ocean and beautiful swell lines, Brad Domke, Sam Stinnett, Jason Wilson and Dave Scott and friends were delivering impressive performances.
The only goofy footer to reach the highest places was Dave Scott, who offered a wide range of tricks and skills to the audience in the beach.
- 12 July 2012 | Skimboarding
Sam Stinnett has reconquered the Victoria Skimboards World Championships of Skimboarding, Aliso Beach Park, Laguna Beach, California.
Stinnett got the most out of the solid waves on offer to take the 36th edition of the classic event, which was broadcasted live online to the entire world.
Sam joins Bill Bryan in the record of winning the contest twice in the last 20 years. The battle for gold was, however, really tight. Morgan Just only lost the title by 1.5 points.
The reigning UST champion has already won two out of three event stages and consolidates his global lead in the world skimboard rankings.
- Tony Hawk says skimboarding is underrated
- John Akerman wins the 2012 Sea Bright Skim Bash
- Blair Conklin storms the 2012 South Side Shootout
- Johnny Salta joins the pro team at Victoria Skimboards
- Sam Stinnett claims the 2012 Cabo Clasico
- Rosario wants to be the skimboarding capital of the Philippines