Skimboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 13 June 2012 | Skimboarding
Victoria Skimboards has announced that once esteemed amateur rider Johnny Salta has now joined the professional skimboarding ranks. Salta enjoyed his first professional contest at the 2012 Cabo Clasico, held at Solmar Beach, in Cabo San Lucas, last May.
Johnny has been skimboarding with a majority of the top professionals of the sport in his hometown of Laguna Beach and felt the time was right to make the change.
- 29 May 2012 | Skimboarding
Sam Stinnett has conquered the 2012 Cabo Clasico, held in Cabo San Lucas. The 2011 United Skim Tour (UST) champion kicked off the new season in great style, during the three days of competition run under strong winds and shoulder-to-head high waves.
The final heat had three world champions: Sam Stinnett, Paulo Prietto and Bill Bryan. In the first half of the decisive play, Prietto got the best waves and took a comfortable advantage. Yet, it was not decided who would take top honours.
Bill Bryan was doing his job and trying to keep up with the highest scorers. After the half way mark, Stinnett was going to change things. A 360 barrel, despite not feeling very good with a few stomach problems.
- 24 May 2012 | Skimboarding
Local authorities of Rosario are studying the possibility of pushing the town as the skimboarding capital of the Philippines.
The Cavite Skimfest III, a skimboarding competition held in the region of Cavite, has attracted many participants and enthusiasts. Watch the highlights of the Cavite Skimfest III.
Nonong Ricafrente, the Mayor of Rosario, was amazed by the popularity of the board sport showfeatured at the La Isla Bonita de Salinas resort.
- Pro skimboarders return to the 2012 South Side Shoot Out
- Kyle "Little Man" Olson conquers the Yokohama Skim-O-Rama 2012
- Skimboarding The Wedge before the Black Ball season
- What's the best skimboarding trick of the 2012 summer?
- Dave Scott and Brad Domke clash at the Panama City Skim Jam
- Brad Domke skids in the big barreling way of life