Skimboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 12 September 2016 | Skimboarding
Austin Keen has taken out the 40th Annual The Vic, at Aliso Beach, California.
The event has been organized by Victoria Skimboards, a company founded in 1976, in Laguna Beach. This year, The Vic was not officially part of the United Skim Tour (UST), but the contest didn't lose relevance.
"I do not think we could have asked for a better 40th. It was a plethora of waves, a dearth of sand, an intimate soiree of sand, shore break, and sun for all the die hard skimboard fans of the world," expressed Tex Haines, who co-founded Victoria Skimboards with Peter Prietto.
- 30 August 2016 | Skimboarding
The United Skim Tour 2016 entered the second half of the season. In less than a month, two events - Outer Banks Skim Jam and Vilano Pro/Am - ignited the East Coast.
With a victory at the OBX Skim Jam, in North Carolina, Austin Keen reminded everyone that he will always be a world title contender.
Despite having missed the first event of the United Skim Tour season in Brazil, Keen stepped up his game and stole the show. In the final, he defeated hometown hero Perry Pruitt.
- 29 August 2016 | Skimboarding
Adrien Raza has done it again. The Dutch skimboarder living in Spain claimed his third consecutive European Skimboarding Cup title.
With two first places (Barcelona and Malmö), and a couple of runner-up finishes (Düsseldorf and Gdansk), Raza concluded the season with a 10-point lead over Semjon Szillat.
Adrien will be hard to beat in the European flatland skimming scene, but Szillat proved he has what it takes to dethrone the undisputed king. The German rider won the first event and performed at a high level in the following two events.
- Flatland skimboarding: who's "Pushing It" forward?
- To slide and to conquer: Cody Maurer storms the 2016 DB Pro/Am
- Skimboarding phenom Austin Keen aiming to boost sport to the next level
- "Manifest Destiny," a skimboarding toast to the coasts
- Is Blair Conklin ready for a world title shot?
- Sam Stinnett prevails in the Cabo Clasico 2016