Skimboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 26 July 2018 | Skimboarding
Perry Pruitt claimed the 2018 Outer Banks Skim Jam, at Jeanette’s Pier in Nags Head, North Carolina.
The event had all sorts of weather, including onshore winds, small and medium-sized waves, and sunny skies. As a result, athletes had to adapt their rides to the existing conditions.
The OBX Skim Jam already is an institution by itself and is one of the key contests in the Skim USA Tour and United Skim Tour (UST) schedules.
- 03 July 2018 | Skimboarding
Austin Keen put on an epic display of skimboarding at the Surf Ranch, in Lemoore, California.
The intrepid rider from Savannah, Georgia, visited the artificial wave pool designed by Kelly Slater and showed the world why his skimming is such a versatile sport.
Keen, who is also an accomplished wakesurfer, was able to slide out to the wave on his first try, as he often does in other scenarios like rivers, lakes, and beaches.
- 20 June 2018 | Skimboarding
Isaac Thomas owns an interesting collection of rare skimboarding DVDs. They document the evolution of the sport since the turn of the millennium.
Times have changed, and the DVDs have been replaced by an impalpable medium: YouTube. However, the spirit remains the same - Thomas is riding his board for life.
"Never Stop Skimming" is a retrospective of his long skimboarding career. The edit includes Isaac's creative flatland glides and performances in a series of well-known spots including Chambers Creek, Cypress Creek, Dash Point, Galveston, Port of Tacoma, Rollins Lake, Sacramento, Spanish Banks, and White Rock.
- The 2018 Skim USA Tour schedule
- The 2018 European Skimboarding Cup schedule
- Brad Domke gives a board transfer lesson at Cylinders
- How to get on a skimboard with the one-step drop
- Blair Conklin and Sophia Nguyen crowned 2017 United Skim Tour champions
- Sununga will crown the 2017 United Skim Tour champion