Skimboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 12 January 2018 | Skimboarding
The full schedule for the 2018 European Skimboarding Cup (ESC) has been released.
The best flatland skimboarders of the Old Continent will compete in six European stages and three different countries. The fifth edition of the ESC continues to develop inland skimming, and get more people into the sport.
There are two new additions to the 2018 calendar. Riders will be able to compete at the Battle of the Boot and Pangea Festival, both venues located in Germany, a country with a long tradition in flatland skimboarding.
- 27 November 2017 | Skimboarding
Brad Domke calls Cylinders his home. He's been riding it for more than a decade. But you've never seen him in board transfers like these.
Domke is no stranger to tough challenges. The highly-skilled skimmer has been developing a unique taste for waves of consequences. And to raise the bar even higher, he rides finless skimboards.
This time, Brad and filmmaker Dylan Palmer witnessed a "legendary day of waves." When they arrived at The Wedge's lesser-known shore break, the fireworks were already loaded.
- 20 November 2017 | Skimboarding
Whether you're a flatland skim rider or a wave skimboarder, you need to learn to throw the board before jumping on it.
Getting on your skimboard isn't easy. And if you can't master it, you won't make it to the waves or ramps. That is why the throwing technique is a fundamental skill in skimming.
One of the most common mistakes people do is running with the skimboard pointing up to the sky, or down at the sand. Avoid it - hold it firmly and parallel to the ground.
- Blair Conklin and Sophia Nguyen crowned 2017 United Skim Tour champions
- Sununga will crown the 2017 United Skim Tour champion
- The skimboarder who rode a tidal bore wave
- Michal Ambruszkiewicz conquers the 2017 Red Bull Skim It
- Lodz gets ready for the 2017 Red Bull Skim It
- Lightning storm lights up final Texas Skim Jam