Skimboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 27 October 2016 | Skimboarding
"Beach Decay" is a cinematographic adventure into the world of flatland skimboarding.
The inland skimming scene continues to innovate with a growing number of riders, filmmakers, and followers. As a result, in the past couple of years, video platforms were flooded with new feature films showcasing the best athletes in the finest spots.
The new movie was released by French Bay Skim (FBS), a collective from Sauble Beach, Ontario, Canada. Their third film is far from perfect, but it delivers what we need to watch - the tricks, the jumps, and the metamorphosis within the sport.
- 10 October 2016 | Skimboarding
Blair Conklin has taken out the 2016 United Skim Tour (UST) world title.
The skimboarder from Laguna Beach, California, won the 12th Annual Oktoberfest and gathered enough points to be crowned the world champion. It's his maiden UST world title.
The final event of the skimboarding season attracted hundreds of spectators to Newport Beach. In the decisive match-up, Conklin defeated Sam Stinnett and raised the world title.
- 27 September 2016 | Skimboarding
Austin Keen continues his adventure into the unknown. This time, the dreadlocked skimboarder grabbed a long bungee rope and got towed by a boat at 45.5 miles per hour.
The idea came from Marco Thompson, an action sports entrepreneur with a taste for creative stunts. The duo made it a reality at Mission Beach, in California.
The visual result is quite impressive. Keen glides dozens of yards across the surface of the water, then jumps over the wake's whitewater, connects with it, and performs a wide variety of tricks.
- Austin Keen hijacks a boat wake in 007 style
- Austin Keen adds his name to The Vic winners' list
- Skimboarding's world title race heats up
- Adrien Raza wins third consecutive European Skimboarding Cup title
- Flatland skimboarding: who's "Pushing It" forward?
- To slide and to conquer: Cody Maurer storms the 2016 DB Pro/Am