Skimboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 25 January 2017 | Skimboarding
Skim USA has released the full schedule for the 2017 tour.
The new skimboarding season features five stages and kicks off March 11, 2017. Skim USA is a youth-oriented circuit exclusively focused on the East Coast scene.
The organization has been running for more than three decades and funds a small scholarship program that awards young riders with superior academic performances.
- 23 January 2017 | Skimboarding
Brad Domke is inviting the world into skimboarding. After riding the biggest waves on the planet with his finless board, the Floridian returns with a new movie.
Film director Dylan Palmer traveled with the star and captured the talented skimboarder and his art in the flawless blue barrels of Padang Padang, and other exotic Indo spots.
- 19 January 2017 | Skimboarding
Two skimboarders have ridden the flat waters of No Hands Bridge, in Auburn, California.
It looks a bit scary and dangerous, but the pedestrian bridge has enough protection for them not to fall off into the abyss. And flatland skimming knows no boundaries.
The idea came from photographer Brett Macadam. He believed he and his friends Nicholas Sheppard and Stephen Leonardi could ride a flooded bridge during the winter. So, why would anybody do it in the first place?
- "Esoterica" proves skimboarding is a high-performance sport
- When the Levante blows, the Faro skimboarders shine bright
- The history of skimboarding
- "Beach Decay" proves flatland skimboarding is alive and kicking
- Blair Conklin wins maiden United Skim Tour title
- Austin Keen, a bungee rope, and a boat's wake