Skimboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 29 August 2016 | Skimboarding
Adrien Raza has done it again. The Dutch skimboarder living in Spain claimed his third consecutive European Skimboarding Cup title.
With two first places (Barcelona and Malmö), and a couple of runner-up finishes (Düsseldorf and Gdansk), Raza concluded the season with a 10-point lead over Semjon Szillat.
Adrien will be hard to beat in the European flatland skimming scene, but Szillat proved he has what it takes to dethrone the undisputed king. The German rider won the first event and performed at a high level in the following two events.
- 22 August 2016 | Skimboarding
They're "Pushing It" forward. Flatland skimboarding is no longer an underground activity with a handful of indie kids. It is a highly regarded division with full-on members.
"Pushing It" has everything you need to keep you entertained for 38 minutes. Wave riding skimboarders will want to try a few flatland tricks; inland skimming enthusiasts will immediately feel inspired by the film's vibe.
It is also a small documentary of a year full of traveling, meeting with friends and showing a bit of what a skimboarder life looks like when he's not skimboarding.
- 19 August 2016 | Skimboarding
Cody Maurer has taken out the 2016 DB Pro/Am, at Dash Point State Park, in Washington.
This year, the organization introduced a new rider-judged contest format. In the end, everyone enjoyed the outcome, and three new champions were crowned across three divisions.
The 13th annual skimboarding competition attracted dozens of riders to Dash Point State Park. Athletes traveled from Sacramento, British Columbia, Ontario, and many other Washington areas.
- Skimboarding phenom Austin Keen aiming to boost sport to the next level
- "Manifest Destiny," a skimboarding toast to the coasts
- Is Blair Conklin ready for a world title shot?
- Sam Stinnett prevails in the Cabo Clasico 2016
- "Travels and Wanderings" keeps flatland skimboarding alive
- The 2016 United Skim Tour schedule