Skimboard News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 27 November 2017 | Skimboarding
Brad Domke calls Cylinders his home. He's been riding it for more than a decade. But you've never seen him in board transfers like these.
Domke is no stranger to tough challenges. The highly-skilled skimmer has been developing a unique taste for waves of consequences. And to raise the bar even higher, he rides finless skimboards.
This time, Brad and filmmaker Dylan Palmer witnessed a "legendary day of waves." When they arrived at The Wedge's lesser-known shore break, the fireworks were already loaded.
- 20 November 2017 | Skimboarding
Whether you're a flatland skim rider or a wave skimboarder, you need to learn to throw the board before jumping on it.
Getting on your skimboard isn't easy. And if you can't master it, you won't make it to the waves or ramps. That is why the throwing technique is a fundamental skill in skimming.
One of the most common mistakes people do is running with the skimboard pointing up to the sky, or down at the sand. Avoid it - hold it firmly and parallel to the ground.
- 07 November 2017 | Skimboarding
Blair Conklin and Sophia Nguyen are the 2017 United Skim Tour (UST) champions.
The pro skimboarding season is over, and the sport has crowned its world champions.
Despite missing the OBX Skim Jam, the Florida Skimboarding Pro/Am, and the Sununga Skim Festival, the rider from Laguna Beach successfully defended his 2016 world title with four strong results in 2017.
- Sununga will crown the 2017 United Skim Tour champion
- The skimboarder who rode a tidal bore wave
- Michal Ambruszkiewicz conquers the 2017 Red Bull Skim It
- Lodz gets ready for the 2017 Red Bull Skim It
- Lightning storm lights up final Texas Skim Jam
- Blair Conklin claims the 2017 Internacional de Skimboard