Things you didn't know about Alana Blanchard
- 06 March 2018 | Surfing
Once labeled the "Anna Kournikova of Surfing," she grew up to become much more than just a blonde beauty. Today, Alana Blanchard is one of the most popular female athletes in social media.
The Hawaiian professional surfer, model, and actress was born on March 5, 1990, at her house in Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii.
Don't judge her for the wrong reasons. Alana Blanchard is highly professional in everything she does, whether tacking big Hawaiian waves or posing for several hours straight in photoshoot sessions.
Forget the sexy bikini model stereotype. Blanchard is much more than that. She is a complete, well-rounded surfer capable of grabbing any opportunity in the barrel or off the lip.
As a pro surfer, her career speaks for itself. Alana won heats and contests against the world's best, and rarely refrained from getting barreled in tough conditions, or airborne in an Indonesian point break.
Watch some of her videos. Pay attention to the way she addresses each wave. The most followed surfer in the world is an exciting athlete, with a powerful frontside carve, and impeccable tube riding skills.
Contrary to what many people believe, Alana Blanchard has always had a healthy relationship with her critics and social media haters. But she's not putting her looks and curves aside. The Hawaiian beauty learned to work with them and enjoys life spontaneously.
Like it or not, the Hawaiian found her own personal formula for combining attractiveness with professional commitments. And that's not a crime. Instead, it's a virtue.
Alana channeled her bombshell status to build a solid career as a successful brand enabler and highly competitive surfer. And that's what brains are for.
Let's take a look at a few interesting facts about Alana Blanchard:
1. Her full name is Alana Rene Blanchard;
2. Friends and family like to call her Lana;
3. Alana has two brothers - Byron Blanchard and Dorian Blanchard;
4. The Hawaiian blonde is 5'8'' and weighs around 125 pounds;
5. She is passionate about all kinds of animals;
6. Alana Blanchard is vegan;
7. Her favorite vegan recipes are vegan cookies, vegan pumpkin pies, and vegan banana bread;
8. Alana Blanchard is a regular-footed surfer;
9. Her father Holt Blanchard taught Alana how to surf when she was only four years old;
10 . Alana rode her first surfing waves at the Hanalei Pier;
11. Blanchard competed for the first time when she was nine years old;
12. She is obsessed with sunscreens and keeping hydrated;
13. Her favorite training ground is Hanalei Bay, on the north shore of Kauai;
14. Alana Blanchard and Rip Curl established a professional relationship when the surfer was only 14 years old;
15. Blanchard is actively involved in the design and creation of Rip Curl swimwear;
16. The surfer from Kauai is particularly keen on designing bikinis and wetsuits;
17. The Hawaiian beauty was on and off Tour from the ages of 18 to 25;
18. Alana Blanchard was surfing with her best friend Bethany Hamilton when, on October 31, 2003, a tiger shark attacked, ripped off Bethany's left arm and nearly killed her;
19. In 2005, Blanchard won the inaugural T&C Surf Women's Pipeline Championship;
20. Alana Blanchard won the 2007 Cholo's Women's Pipeline Pro, on the North Shore of Oahu;
21. Also in 2007, the Hawaiian won the Rip Curl Pro Junior, in Spain;
22. Her first contest on the ASP World Tour took place in 2009 when Alana was 18;
23. In November 2009, Alana Blanchard conquered the Vans Hawaiian Pro;
24. She says she has a hate-love relationship with cameras;
24. Alana Blanchard was a featured athlete in the 2013 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition;
26. Blanchard and Jack Freestone announced they were expecting a baby boy on June 26, 2017;
27. The surfer-model said pregnancy gave her "a new perspective on women, and how amazing their bodies are";
28. Alana Blanchard surfed until she was pregnant 20 weeks pregnant;
29. Freestone once said that he met Alana in boardshorts;
30. Banks Harvey Freestone was born on December 2, 2017;
32. Alana always said she prefers surfing to modeling;
33. Alana Blanchard's favorite pro surfer is Stephanie Gilmore;
34. The Kauian surfer star thinks many comments made about her are "funny and hilarious";
35. Today, Alana Blanchard considers herself a free surfer;
36. Blanchard participated in T-Mobile's Sony Xperia Z commercial;
37. American actress Lorraine Nicholson plays the role of Alana Blanchard in the biopic drama movie "Soul Surfer";
38. In May 2017, the Hawaiian surfer launched the Alana Blanchard Foundation (ABF) with the goal of supporting female talent in the sport of surfing;
39. When she is not surfing, Alana likes to workout to stay fit, and she always includes swimming, riding her bike, sprinting up stairs, interval training, squats and lunges in her daily exercising program;
40. Alana Blanchard has over 4.1 million combined social media followers;