Surf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 15 November 2018 | Surfing
Two entrepreneurs launched 23NAO, the first author's perfume inspired by surfing, waves and the force of nature.
Idil Bazán and Marc Conca, founders of Barcelona's Surfcity Festival, decided to materialize their passion for the sea in a new fragrance aimed at conveying the sensations experienced when riding the waves.
23NAO (North Atlantic Ocean) is the first product released under the Agua de Surf umbrella. The duo spent three years developing the brand and the debut fragrance.
- 14 November 2018 | Surfing
John John Florence is suing the American beverage company Monster Energy for breach of a sponsorship agreement.
According to the New York Post, in January 2017, the two-time World Surf League (WSL) champion and the energy drink signed a three-year marketing deal worth $500,000 a year.
Florence would help promote the brand for $350,000, plus $150,000 for a multimedia production depicting the story behind the world title race.
- 13 November 2018 | Surfing
Nazaré probably is the most powerful beach break. The Portuguese big wave surfing spot is as exciting as it will test your limits - as a surfer and as a human being.
The thrill and the adrenaline rush of riding a colossal wave at Praia do Norte represent, for many athletes, the culmination of a long career.
However, Nazaré, with its secrets, paradoxes, temper, and fury can easily and quickly take you down.
- The importance of the Big Wave Risk Assessment Group
- Surfing Western Australia has more tools to mitigate shark attacks
- Russell Bierke at the mercy of Nazaré
- Surf Dog Ricochet helps veterans with PTSD recover faster
- Exploring the unsung surf gems of Scotland
- Remembering Montgomery "Buttons" Kaluhiokalani