Surf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 08 November 2018 | Surfing
"Unsung Corners: A Scottish Odyssey" is an inspiring short film showcasing a Scottish road trip with three of Britains's best surfing talents.
The movie celebrates the neglected corners of the Scottish coastline, and the abundance of waves and adventures to be had in this magical land.
The goal of the trip was to seek out untouched corners of Scotland - truly off the beaten path areas where the group has never been to before - and also make time for more varied outdoor activities.
- 07 November 2018 | Surfing
He lived in tents, had a trademark African hair, collected 100 wins in his amateur surfing career, and switched foot like no one else.
Kaluhiokalani started surfing in Waikiki but soon felt attracted to big waves on the North Shore of Oahu.
Montgomery Kaluhiokalani, nicknamed "Buttons," was also one of the sports grand innovators. The Hawaiian was the first to perform a carving 360 on tape.
- 06 November 2018 | Surfing
Stalling is one of the most critical skills to learn in advanced surfing. When performed correctly, it allows you to generate drag, and reduce speed to match the pace of barrel.
The art of stalling a surfboard requires a deep involvement of your body, not only in straight connection with the wave itself but also with the surfboard.
Getting barreled depends a lot on the behavior of the wave. Wider and perfect-peeling barreling waves are easier to ride than freight train cylinders with occasional falling lips.
- Japan wins 2018 ISA World Junior Surfing Championship
- "Time Well Spent": a heart-touching documentary about unique surfers
- Kiron Jabour wins 2018 HIC Pro
- 100 daunting souls gather for 2018 Blackies Halloween Surf Day
- The story of a near-perfect surf adventure to India
- Slater and Florence will surf the 2018 Billabong Pipe Masters