Surf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 02 November 2017 | Surfing
Taylor Lane shaped a surfboard made from 10,000 beach-littered cigarettes.
Last year, he produced a bodysurfing handplane using champagne corks, old t-shirts, fiberglass scraps, an old wetsuit, climbing ropes, and entropy resins for VISSLA's Creators & Innovators Upcycle Contest.
Now, the California surfer wanted to go beyond his own limits and spent countless hours collecting the number one item found on beaches and roadsides.
- 31 October 2017 | Surfing
How can you sell your first love? Why do you plan to get rid of the surfboard that got you into surfing? Why should a surfer sell his or her fondest memories?
There's nothing like our first wave. The feeling of walking on water is something will never erase from our waterlogged minds.
The stick which got us into stand-up wave riding is a memory that you don't want to forget. It's an evocation of a moment in time that should be relished and cherished forever.
- 30 October 2017 | Surfing
Surfing is a territorial activity that often triggers irrational behaviors. Let's take a look at the meaning of spiritual, home, and local surf spots.
Localism is a philosophical concept that is always present in the minds and actions of those who engage in surfing.
The surf industry continues to pictures the surfers and their dreams and adventures as something idyllic, ethereal, graceful and untouchable.
- Eastern Surf Magazine shuts down print edition
- Ian Walsh and Paige Alms win the 2017 Peahi Challenge
- Kelly Slater's Surf Ranch Florida to open 2019 in Palm Beach
- The dictionary of bro-isms and bro-related words
- Pipeline will crown the 2017 World Surf League champion
- Gabriel Medina wins the 2017 MEO Rip Curl Pro Portugal