Surf News | Headlines and Top Stories
- 03 October 2018 | Surfing
Skip McCullough claimed the 2018 Siargao Cloud 9 Surfing Cup, in the Philippines.
The American surfer beat local star John Mark Tokong in epic conditions, with perfect six-foot barrels peeling smoothly down the line.
McCullough even managed to adapt to the squall that stormed through in the final, and ended up getting the best waves of the heat.
- 02 October 2018 | Surfing
Paul Ferraris is a surfer and a multifaceted independent visual artist from San Francisco, California.
But he is also a teacher who is getting his students to learn the secrets of animated cartoons. So, he worked on an example, and the result is an eye-catching and surprisingly relaxing short film.
Animated cartoons can be extremely time-consuming, but things have changed a little bit in the past couple of decades.
- 01 October 2018 | Surfing
"Surf Tribe," a photo exhibition by Belgian photographer Stephan Vanfleteren, will be open to the public at the Kunsthal Rotterdam, in the Netherlands, from October 13, 2018, through January 13, 2019.
In his most recent project the Vanfleteren exposes a culture dominated by a deep respect for the ocean.
Vanfleteren looks beyond the traditional surf spots of California and Hawaii and travels all over the world in search of people who live where the ocean meets the land.
- Maya Gabeira sets new Guinness World Record for the largest wave surfed by a woman
- BSR Surf Resort voluntarily closes after brain-eating amoeba kills surfer
- Newport Beach: a surfing paradise in the heart of Southern California
- Adam D'Esposito found dead in Rosarito, Baja California
- The pioneers of Irish surfing
- Starboard to produce surfboard components made from discarded fishing nets